Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby Update

Just a quick little update on these two little ones...

We are currently at 34 weeks and 5 days. My doctor is very pleased that we've made it this far and says now that anything else is just icing on the cake!

I had an ultrasound today and each baby passed their biophysical profiles with flying colors at 8/8. They are also measuring in at 5lb 4 oz a piece!

Little Bo-Peep is still breech and they aren't expecting her to flip since there is very little room left. I decided against a breech delivery for her or for taking the chance that she will flip after her brother has cleared out, and very reluctantly agreed to scheduling a c-section. They have agreed to give me an ultrasound when I go into labor or before the scheduled c-section, just to make sure that it's necessary.

Things are pretty much ready for the babies to get here... just a few more things that need to be handled but nothing major. Which is good because I have very little energy to deal with anything! Thankfully we've had a lot of help from our moms and grandparents! Hauling around 10.5lbs of baby is a lot more work than I thought and most days I feel like I've run a marathon after getting up to refill my water!

Just a couple more weeks and these two can feel free to make their entrance!

I know stripes aren't a good look on a gigantic pregnant lady, but clothes that fit are few and far between... but here's a few pics...



Seriously, when did he get so big??!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say you are rocking those stripes, you look so cute! I have visited your blog many time I think I have commented before. I am so very happy for you! I am hosting a link-up for bereaved mommies every Tuesday, I would love if you joined us. I am saying a prayer for you and the babies now!

Her and Her and Him said...

You look great! You can do it! Those last couple of weeks are hard. I used to think every night, as I got up for the millionth time to pee, that I would sleep better with two newborns than I was pregnant. (It was kind of true!!) Hang in there. I'll be thinking of you and hope that these weeks go by quickly and easily for you.
:) Heather

Just the Tip said...

I rocked stripes at the end and people always ask me why lol
Yayy for making it this far!
I also must say you look..genuinely happy =)

DandelionBreeze said...

Wonderful news that everything is going so well :)) You look fantastic xoxo

Darcey said...

You look great...pretty sure I was that big with just one. SO happy everything is still going so well and you are in the final stretch!!

Kelly said...

You look so good! I'm wearing stripes right now, too cuz nothing looks good on me, so I wear what fits. Hahaha. I'm so happy the babies are doing so well and that you're still cooking them. I've been thinking of you a lot. <3

ccc said...

OH, you could wear a tent and you still would look great!
Those are some good sized babies in there...you have done a great job of growing them.
I cannot wait for you to have them. In fact, most of the reason I go on blogger lately is to check to see if you had them yet :)

Tiffany said...

you look great. i'm so excited to see your little ones. you are so close. it seems like your pregnancy just flew by.

Unknown said...

You know, for being pregnant with twins, you really do look great! I'm so glad things are going well so far and can't wait to see pics when they finally make their arrival!

Lj82 said...

You are crazy- you look sooo good in those stripes!!!!! I'm hauling around approximately 8lbs of baby girl and have no idea how you can be carrying more- you must be so sore!!! Congrats on 34.5 weeks- that's incredible with twins.

Dint forget to pack high waisted underwear- I was dumb and packed bikini style and regretted it from the first moment I put them in (stupid me didn't equate bikini underwear with a bikini line incision- y'ouch!

Tracie said...

I carried my twins a day shy of 36 weeks. Take it from me a planned C section is better than having one and deliver naturally and then having to have c section to get the other out. It makes recovery ten times longer and more painful! I wish I would have just scheduled. Congrats and can't wait to see those cute babies soon!

Ashley Quarles said...

So glad that you and the babes are doing well. It seems like you were just announcing you were pregnant and now you're almost ready to have some babies, well it seems that way for us. I know for you it isn't quite that way. :)

Ashley said...

Again - beautiful as always.

I was hoping that this post was updating that the babies were here :) Can't wait for them to show up. Sorry you have to have a c-section. Having had 2 myself - they suck! A lot harder recovery. Make sure to get lots of help!

Natasha said...

Girl you look beautiful!!! I love these pictures! I'm so glad everything is going well. You are soooooooooo close! I can't wait to see these sweet babies ♥ I'm praying for you all during these last few weeks. Love ya girl!!!

TanaLee Davis said...

Look'n fab my friend! Stripes look good with a belly like that. cant wait to read the post of their arrival. hugs-
Felicia

Post a Comment