Sunday, April 1, 2012

Still Cookin'

Thankfully, I was only on bed rest for 4.5 days! I went to see my regular OB and she decided that bed rest was probably a bit of an over reaction on the part of the clinic. Unfortunately cervical checks are not an exact science and everyone can have a slightly different opinion of how far someone is effaced and dilated. When my regular doctor checked me, she didn't think that anything had changed and that I was exactly where I should be for someone who is carrying multiples and on their third pregnancy. Dr. C told me to just take it easy, but that I could go back to "normal" life.

I can't even tell you how relieved I was when we left that appointment. No one seems to think that I am at any more risk for preterm labor than anyone else! Today I am 31 weeks and 4 days, and we are only a few days away from reaching our first goal of 32 weeks!

This past Tuesday I had the first of my weekly growth scans and was shocked to find out that the babies were each 3lb and 8oz! That's seven pounds of JUST baby! If I had the ability to jump up and click my heels I would have! And both are head down (for now anyways)! I really, really hope that they stay this way because I really don't have to have a c-section. During the ultrasound both babies were head down and facing each other and as hard as the tech tried, neither would cooperate for a good picture. We did see that Bo-Peep already has some hair and per her usual, kept kicking the ultrasound tech during the exam! I think she's gonna be a stinker!

A few people that have had twins said to be prepared when weeks 30-32 arrive. I've been told it's like getting hit by a Mack truck. And they weren't wrong. I am so tired. More tired than I have ever been. I can't hardly breathe, my muscles are sore, achy and tired like I've run a marathon. I love that the babies are so active but they move so much and take up so much room in my stomach, that it makes me want to puke! I want these two to stay in for at least four more weeks, but I fear how I will feel as they keep getting bigger.

Mentally, I feel like a wreck! I actually asked the doctor the other day if there is anything they can do for "baby brain" because I am so, so stupid lately! I can't think. I can't remember anything. I feel like I'm very much in our little world and that's it. I feel between getting ready for TWO babies (which is still an idea that I can't really grasp), taking care of Max, feeling awful and the stress of another holiday without Ellie, I don't have the mental or emotional capacity to deal with anything else. Dealing with our lives in this house takes up everything. It's a very weird and disconnected feeling. Maybe it's just my body and mind's way of preparing for whats to come... I don't know. So if I seem like flake lately, that's why.

With that said, I don't feel like being a part of any sort of Easter celebration this year. I don't want to deal with another holiday without Ellie. Any thing that takes any sort of effort on my part, seems exhausting. I'm supposed to having a "low stress" existence according to my doctor... [insert laughs here]... I don't think that's really possible but I think laying low is the best way to play the only major holiday we got with our girl...
There's more I was going write. And I had planned on writing something a little more profound or even something that just made a little bit more sense, but let's be honest- it's 9pm and I'm tired!

I have another appointment tomorrow along with a growth scan and biophysical profile scan. Hopefully they will get a couple good pictures and I'll be able to share those.

10 comments:

crystal said...

SO glad things are going great for you and the babies. Also glad you get to go back to your normal routines. Take care of yourself and I have been missing seeing new pictures of Max!!!

ccc said...

So happy to see that you are still cooking and all is well with the pregnancy.
I would do nothing for Easter and tell everyone that it is "doctor's orders" Nothing is worse than that obligatory feeling of making everyone happy but yourself.
Take care.

TanaLee Davis said...

Wow...life is growing for you. Both in a physical way and in a mental way. Both seem strong and sound. I hope you reach your goal in four weeks for those babies. hugs Tiffany, been thinking of you.
-Felicia

SG said...

Great news about the babies! Take it easy (as much as possible...)

Ashley said...

I am so happy for you. You are almost done!! How exciting :)

I hear ya on Easter...but at least you have an extra excuse (twins!) to not want to do anything. My kids are getting old enough to know when my heart isn't in it. So I will plaster a smile on my face for them and we'll do all our normal traditions.

So exciting that the babies are so big, I cant even imagine care more than 7lbs of baby weight - and you still have a few more weeks to go (hopefully). Cant wait to see pictures of your sweet twins...again, SO JEALOUS :)

Kelly said...

I've been thinking of you a lot lady! Glad everything is going well!

Melissa said...

I am so glad things look good for you! I'm going on 3 weeks of bedrest (just modified, not even strict) now and it's tough. I am hoping at my next check up on Friday they let me go back to work at least a couple of 1/2 days a week.

I can definitely relate to the aches and pains of being further along in pregnancy and I DON'T have two babies so I can only imagine!

Tracie said...

Congrats on your twins, as a mother of twins I can tell you they are the most fun you will have in your life. Mine have just turned 4. I remember those last few weeks and you will be in my thoughts and prays.

Frank said...

You are probably going through a sustained sense of shock making you feel disconnected and alone, getting ready for twins especially after everything you have been through is emmense. Just love your family and kids and try not to take out frustrations or despair within your home, i'm sure writing and getting support from other mother's who share your experiences helps a bit.

Frank
private ultrasound scan

DandelionBreeze said...

Sorry that you're feeling so tired... baby brain is a nightmare too :( Glad to hear that all is well and that you're off bed rest... thinking of you, Ellie and your twins xoxo

Post a Comment