Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ellie's Video

When we were planning Ellie's funeral, I knew we needed to show a video. Ellie was only nine months old and there were so many people that never met her, or never spent enough time with her to know how funny, cute and amazing she was. Fortunately, we have many, many pictures of Ellie and quite a few videos.
My friend from high school, Josh, made a video for Ellie's funeral. Not only did this video allow everyone to see how special Ellie was, but it's something we will forever have to help us remember our Peanut.

In four days, Ellie would have turned one. Because of Ellie's sudden and tragic death, many more people know her name, recognize her face. It breaks my heart to know there are so many that know the bad part of her story. I don't want Ellie's memory to be shrouded by the darkness of her death. Ellie was a happy, joyful, playful little girl. Hairbows, funky legwarmers & frilly skirts. One ear that stuck out more than the other. Hair that stuck up and out, but was so soft and fuzzy. Perfect hands that were always searching for something to snuggle or throw. Growls, her old man throat-clearing growls. Cuddles. Sweet smiles that would melt your heart in a second, even at three a.m. Little stinker. One tooth- and a half, number two was still coming through. Pink and green blankie & nuk. Giggles. A Light.
That's Ellie.

Here is the video we showed at Elle's funeral. It's beautiful and wonderful and shows the Ellie that we know.
Josh, Thank you so much. You will never know how much this video means to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz3ngUE7A04

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have tears in my eyes right now. Thank you for sharing this video. It is just beautiful.

Amy said...

I loved being able to see your beautiful daughter. Thank you.

Desiree said...

The video was beautiful. That girl was special.

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for weeks now and I just watched the video of your beautiful angel. She is an amazing little soul & spirit!! You can tell from those smiles and twinkly eyes.
I just sobbed my way through this video... thank you for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you and your loved ones, can't come to even imagine what I would've done in your place. Came across your story accidentaly, I just hope and pray to God it was just that. I guess a leason learned is that every minute is priceless, I knew that but now I've been validated. My twins are just that, priceless. They are too IVF babies. May God give you and your husband the strength to move forward without ever forgeting your beautiful angels.

Megan said...

Bless your heart... she was precious!!! I loved your video, and understand your grief, we lost our Savannah August 31st of this year. She was eight days old.

All my love and prayers,
Megan@ A Story Unfolding.

Debbie Posey said...

What an amazing video! Thanks for sharing your beautiful baby girl........... I feel like I know you....

Debbie in Alabama

Post a Comment