Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Miss This

"You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Atkins was on the radio when we were headed home from getting Max's hair cut last night. He was surprisingly accepting of the stranger and her proximity to him. With Max you never know how he will react to a new person or situation. It could have been very ugly... fortunately he was a trooper (a DVD of Wonder Pets may have had something to do with it...) and looks so handsome with his curls trimmed. On the way home I was sad thinking that I won't ever get to take Elle to get hair done. Just another thing we got cheated out of... And then I was thinking how someday when Max is all grown, we won't get moments like this with him anymore either. Another reminder of how fast time goes and how quickly life can change... You have love every second you get with them, even the seemingly boring or inconvenient things. Because someday we're going to miss them...

"But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
You're gonna miss this
Yeah, you're gonna miss this"
- Trace Atkins, You're Gonna Miss This

I Miss This... January 19, 2010
Trying to convince Max to draw a picture for Grams who was still recovering from her long hospital stay. She hadn't even got to meet Ellie yet.

Our little Peanut asleep in the swing in the playroom.

Ellie's 1st storytime! It took a lot of fancy footwork to get Max convinced that it was ok that he sits next to me while I hold Ellie. This is the moment I had been waiting for... cuddled up on the couch with my two babies reading a story- while Dave makes dinner :)

Photo shoot!

She had long fingers just like her Mama...

Peanut, Missing you a lot lately. A lot, a lot. I still can't believe you're not here to hold anymore. Goodnight Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite. Love you always, Mama

1 comments:

paula said...

beautiful photos...so sorry for your loss.

I wanted you to know that I've given you an award for your blog. Please stop by my blog to pick it up.


wishing you a peaceful day

Post a Comment