Monday, November 29, 2010

Two minus one

I first saw them right before Max's first birthday- kid-sized overstuffed armchairs. You can ever personalize them! This past summer, about mid-June, I decided to get the kids matching chairs. So cute!

I almost ordered them on Saturday, Oct 23, two days before Ellie died. But, as anyone who knows me can testify, I am a horrible secret keeper (and present secrets are the worst!). So I didn't order the chairs that day, I thought I should wait until closer to Christmas.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to still order Max his chair. I knew it would be sad when just the one chair arrived. And it was. Today when I put his chair together (yeah that's right, I couldn't wait until Christmas...) and sat it in the playroom at the end of the bed, all by itself, I thought, there should be two. Max's chair is chocolate brown. Ellie's was going to be pink with brown ribbing. Dave and I can just picture them sitting in their chairs watching "Wonder Pets" together in the morning. Ellie would have sat in her chair, so proud, looking all around and slapping the arm of the chair. She would probably be dressed in warm footies, her feet wouldn't touch the floor so her legs would have been a-kicking... She would have loved it, but probably not as much as we would have loved watching her sit in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment